Take Action on World Wildlife Day
As we celebrate World Wildlife Day, here are some simple ways to take action for species today
….and every day:
- Plant a pollinator garden in your backyard this spring;
- Check out the birds nearby on the Trans Canada Trail and their helpful map;
- Make your neighbourhood bird-friendly;
- Purchase Bird-friendly coffee (coupon available), chocolate and other products for your pantry;
- Contact your local City Councillor and ask to be a Bird-Friendly city too!
- Sign a petition to ban neonics/pesticides in your community or another petition to save birds
You can ensure your own legacy and love of birds and nature today:
- Share your knowledge of birds with a child;
- Bird with a purpose by submitting your bird counts;
- Reduce window strikes by your bird feeder;
- Keep cats from roaming freely, and
- Make good eco-choices when possible to reduce your footprint
Please join or support one of the 1000+ local nature groups across Canada to connect with others like YOU who care in your community. And please give to save bird lives today.
In Margaret’s wise words:
“The sound of songbirds isn’t just beautiful – it is a reminder to us all we can’t live without other life. It is also the sound of hope.”
And let’s ponder Buffy’s lyrics:
Put your eyes on the earth. Lift your heart to your own home planet. What do you see? What is your attitude, are you here to improve it…So take heart and take care of your link with life and carry it on…
Nature unites us and brings us joy and happiness. Please give back to nature today in thanks.