Finance & Admin Assistant
Website Nature Canada
This position is part of Nature Canada’s Work to Grow initiative. Please only apply if you identify as a member of the BIPoC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) community, are between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) and are legally entitled to work in Canada as a citizen, permanent resident or with refugee status. Read more about this program here: https://naturecanada.ca/work-to-grow/
Nature Canada is a national nature conservation charity with over 80 years experience working with Canadians and local nature groups to discover, defend and restore nature. Nature Canada has helped protect over 63 million acres of parks and wildlife areas in Canada and countless species that depend on this habitat. We support and mobilize a Nature Nation of over 100,000 individual supporters and a Nature Network of 800 local and regional nature groups. We focus on effecting change on issues of national significance including citizen science, urban nature, protected areas, nature-based climate solutions and endangered species.
The Finance & Admin Assistant will join our small finance team, which everyone knows is the foundation of a strong organization. The successful candidate will be incredibly detail-oriented, happy to pitch in, and has an eye for improving processes. This is an opportunity for a candidate with a love of numbers to gain valuable hands-on experience and learning. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Description of Duties
- Drafting letters and invoices
- Drafting contracts
- Data entry functions
- Assistance maintaining finance records
- General administrative help
- General assistance in office management
- Participating in Work to Grow program training seminars and workshops (Read more about this program here: https://naturecanada.ca/work-to-grow/)
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with GSuite
- Time-management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong working independently and in groups
- Successful progress (or completion) towards a recognized diploma or certification with specialization in administration/accounting/bookkeeping or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Bookkeeping skills are an asset
- Experience with QuickBooks is an asset
- Must live in greater Ottawa/Gatineau
The salary for this position is $17.50/hour. Hours are negotiable ranging from 20 to 35 hours per week.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Finance & Admin Assistant” in the subject line. Your cover letter must include how you personally align with the charitable mission of Nature Canada.
No calls please. We thank all candidates for their interest, but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Note: This position will entail going into the Ottawa office. COVID protocols are in place including masking and physically distancing.
We encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups. Nature Canada is committed to a workplace free from discrimination, harassment and intimidation where everyone can participate safely, freely and confidently.