Join Nature Canada to learn about eBird and other online citizen science tools!
If you’re interested in birdwatching, butterfly watching or any other forms of wildlife observation, and you’d like to know how your sightings can help scientists, join us for this introductory workshop. We will provide a basic demonstration of new online tools that allow anyone with an internet connection and basic wildlife ID skills to help scientists gather important data.
- When: Wednesday, January 15 – 2:30pm – and – Friday, January 17th – 2:30pm (the same workshop is being offered twice)
- Where: Garden Room, Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre – 102 Greenview Ave, Ottawa
- What: 45 minute interactive presentation (bilingual) with 20 minute outdoor walk (bilingual). Light refreshments will be provided. A limited number of binoculars and field guides will also be available for use.
- Who: Anyone with an interest in birds or other wildlife. No previous knowledge of eBird, eButterfly or other citizen science tools is required. IMPORTANT: We will be offering a special opportunity for secondary school students to gain up to 5 volunteer hours if they participate in this event.
- Why: To show the public how simple backyard wildlife observations can inform important scientific research
*** For more information and to register, please contact Alex MacDonald by email or phone (613-562-3447 x300). ***
We look forward to seeing you there!
PLEASE NOTE: We ask that all attendees register in advance for the event