As a democratic, grassroots non-profit organization, all of our resolutions are voted upon democratically by Nature Canada members during our Annual General Meeting. Any Canadian can become a member of Nature Canada and all Nature Canada members have the right to vote in person or by proxy at our Annual General Meetings.
Annual General Meetings are also the opportunity for Nature Canada Members to exercise their right to vote on the slate of people being nominated to Nature Canada’s Board of Directors. The Board of Directors governs Nature Canada by developing policy to direct the staff, who then designs, initiates and directs programs to fulfil Nature Canada’s mission in keeping with those policies.
2015 Annual General Meeting
Nature Canada’s 2015 Annual General Meeting will be held on Friday, September 25 2015. The Meeting will be held at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, British Columbia (2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, BC).
Come and participate in discussions on important conservation issues and learn more about Nature Canada’s work. We are excited to have Robert Bateman as a special guest and speaker at the Member Reception on the 25th.
Draft schedule (to be finalized at a later date)
- Thursday, Sept 24 Afternoon – Launch of NatureHood
- Friday, Sept 25 Morning – Board meeting
- Friday, Sept 25 Afternoon – Annual meeting of members followed by series of talks and presentations for members
- Friday, Sept 25 Evening – Member & Awards reception featuring Robert Bateman
- Saturday, Sept 26 Morning – Business meeting
- Saturday, Sept 26 Afternoon – Field trip
Call for nominations to Board of Directors
This is your opportunity to help Nature Canada as we are currently looking for new Directors. We are looking for the following:
- Experienced scientists, naturalists or individuals who care about, are knowledgeable and have strategic experience related to nature protection issues.
- Individuals with non-profit governance experience.
- Individuals with experience working with young people on nature issues, representatives from First Nation and/or aboriginal communities/associations or groups.
- Individuals from the donor and foundation community and/or a familiar with the principles of development.
To nominate a candidate send a brief statement about your nominee’s relevant experience, including current occupation, and enclose contact information along with the nominee’s written consent indicating his/her desire to become a Director.
The deadline for nominations is August 15th, 2015.
The Annual General Meeting is your opportunity to vote on the slate of Nature Canada’s Board of Directors. Your vote is very important to us, therefore if you are unable to attend the AGM in person, we encourage you to vote using a proxy card. Please print, complete and sign this proxy card and submit your vote by email to email@example.com or mail to 300-75 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5E7.
Your proxy must be returned by Monday September 14th, 2015.
If you have questions, concerns or comments please contact Marie du Plessis at 1-800-267-4088 ext. 298.
For past Annual General Meetings, please click on the links below.