As a democratic, grassroots non-profit organization, all of our resolutions are voted upon democratically by Nature Canada members during our Annual General Meeting. Any Canadian can become a member of Nature Canada and all Nature Canada members have the right to vote in person or by proxy at our Annual General Meetings.
Annual General Meetings are also the opportunity for Nature Canada Members to exercise their right to vote on the slate of people being nominated to Nature Canada’s Board of Directors. The Board of Directors governs Nature Canada by developing policy to direct the staff, who then designs, initiates and directs programs to fulfil Nature Canada’s mission in keeping with those policies.
2015 Annual General Meeting
Nature Canada’s 2015 Annual General Meeting will be held on Friday, September 25 2015. The Meeting will be held at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, British Columbia (2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, BC).
Come and participate in discussions on important conservation issues and learn more about Nature Canada’s work. We are excited to have Robert Bateman as a special guest and speaker at the Member Reception on the 25th.
Draft schedule (to be finalized at a later date):
- Thursday, Sept 24 Afternoon – Launch of NatureHood
- Friday, Sept 25 Morning – Board meeting
- Friday, Sept 25 Afternoon – Annual meeting of members followed by series of talks and presentations for members
- Friday, Sept 25 Evening – Member & Awards reception featuring Robert Bateman
- Saturday, Sept 26 Morning – Business meeting
- Saturday, Sept 26 Afternoon – Field trip
For past Annual General Meetings, please click on the links below.