2019 Photo Contest
From May 21st to August 11th , we will be accepting photos which capture the beauty of Canadian nature all around us. Winners will be contacted and will receive prizes that have been generously donated by Nature Canada supporters.
The Nature Photo Contest is a celebration of the plants, animals, landscapes and moments in nature that bring us joy and happiness. We hope the contest encourages more Canadians to get outdoors and connect with nature throughout the summer.
There are a number of submission categories – check them out to be inspired!
- Canadian Landscape – see our breathtaking country;
- People in Nature – find yourself in nature;
- Parks & Protected Areas – explore National Parks and National Wildlife Areas across Canada;
- Nature in Action – soaring, crawling, hiking, flying, climbing; and
- Fauna & Flora – discover the wonder in Canadian wildlife.
There will be Early Bird draws, so get your submissions in early! Read our rules and regulations for more information.
Some mobile devices are unable to submit photos via this form. Please ensure that your photo meets the digital file size requirement of 3600 pixels wide by 2700 pixels tall (or 12” x 9”) at 300 dpi.
How to Submit
Please make sure to always include the theme into which you would like to submit your photo! We would also love to hear the story behind the shot!
Please make sure to always identify yourself as either an Amateur, Professional, or Youth photographer.
Make sure to include #NaturePhotoContest when using social media. Twitter submissions should also include @naturecanada in order for entries to be accepted.
Nature Canada is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Black Feather the Wilderness Adventure Company for our 2019 Nature Photo Contest Grand Prize. The first place winner of our contest will receive a Gift Certificate for one space on any of Black Feather’s incredible four-day French River Canoe Trips for the 2020 season, valued at over $1000. This prize is a great opportunity to experience an authentic nature adventure on fun and fairly easy rapids and practice your whitewater canoeing. Explore the clear water and beautiful Canadian Shield scenery and get some fantastic pictures! Send us your best nature photography to be entered in our contest for a chance to win this Grand Prize.
- No submissions will be accepted until May 21st, 2019. No submissions will be accepted after August 11th, 2019.
- Submissions made on social media must include #NaturePhotoContest in order to be eligible.
- A selection of the top photographs will be presented on our webpage for public voting.
- There is no limit as to the number of submissions by a single entrant.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Taylor Roades - Photographer
Michelle Valberg - Photographer
Meg Beckel - President and CEO, Canadian Museum of Nature
Les Stroud - TV's "Survivorman"
Laura Bombier - Photographer
Sandy Sharkey - Photographer
Senator Nancy Greene Raine