2019 Photo Contest
From May 21 to August 11 , we will be accepting photos which capture the beauty of Canadian nature all around us. Winners will be contacted and will receive prizes that have been generously donated by Nature Canada supporters.
The Nature Photo Contest is a celebration of the plants, animals, landscapes and moments in nature that bring us joy and happiness. We hope the contest encourages more Canadians to get outdoors and connect with nature throughout the summer.
There are a number of submission categories – check them out to be inspired!
- Canadian Landscape – see our breathtaking country;
- People in Nature – find yourself in nature;
- Nature Nearby – explore nature in your backyard;
- Nature in Action – soaring, crawling, hiking, flying, climbing; and
- Fauna & Flora – discover the wonder in Canadian wildlife.
Now accepting prize donations! If you are a nature experience business and would like to donate a prize for the Nature Photo Contest. In turn we would recognize your support by showcasing your company logo on our website, promotional materials, social media posts and our monthly e-newsletter. Together we can encourage Canadians to get out into nature and experience what our magnificent country has to offer! If you would like to donate a prize for the Nature Photo Contest please contact Cheyanne at email@example.com
There will be Early Bird draws, so get your submissions in early! Read our rules and regulations for more information.
How to Submit
Please make sure to always include the theme into which you would like to submit your photo! We would also love to hear the story behind the shot!
Please make sure to always identify yourself as either an Amateur, Professional, or Youth photographer.
Make sure to include #NaturePhotoContest when using social media. Twitter submissions should also include @naturecanada in order for entries to be accepted.
All participants will have the chance to win amazing prizes donated by our generous sponsors.
- No submissions will be accepted until May 22nd, 2018. No submissions will be accepted after August 12th, 2018.
- Submissions made on social media must include #NaturePhotoContest in order to be eligible.
- A selection of the top photographs will be presented on our webpage for public voting.
- There is no limit as to the number of submissions by a single entrant.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Taylor Roades - Photographer
Michelle Valberg - Photographer
Meg Beckel - President and CEO, Canadian Museum of Nature
Les Stroud - TV's "Survivorman"
Laura Bombier - Photographer
Sandy Sharkey - Photographer
Senator Nancy Greene Raine