Injured Birds: How Can You Help?
Helene Van Doninck is a veterinarian at the Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada. The CWRC is a not for profit charitable organization dedicated to providing veterinary care to sick, injured and orphaned wildlife. Helene took the time to share her extensive experience caring for injured birds with us in this post:
- Hit by cars or have had some other type of trauma
- Injured from striking a window
- Victims of cat predation
- Poisoned by lead
- In a starvation state often due to extreme weather conditions.
- Orphaned or presumed orphaned
- Contaminated with oil, poisoned, or trapped,
- Victims of gunshot, electrocution, and entrapment.
Photos 4-6 courtesy of Sherry Martell