Three Types of Bequests
There are three main types of bequests:
- a specific bequest is a gift of a sum of money, property or particular asset as indicated in your will;
- a residual bequest is a percentage of your estate, after your personal and family commitments are met and dealt with.
- a contingent bequest takes effect only in the event of the prior death of other beneficiaries or if the original intent can not be fulfilled.
You may also indicate that you would like your legacy gift directed immediately towards your favourite program, if you so choose. Or you can endow your bequest to one of our Endowment Funds. Endowed gifts can be directed to:
- our Building the Nature Nation Fund, or
- our Animal and Habitat Protection Endowment Fund, or
- our Education and Outreach Endowment Fund
As well, you can decide to endow a legacy gift in your Family name. (Please note there are minimum gift levels for Named Funds)
Whichever you choose, we assure you that we will follow your wishes and use your gift most effectively to continue our good work and make great progress towards protecting nature forever.