Nature Canada’s mission is to protect and conserve wildlife and habitats in Canada by engaging people and advocating on behalf of nature. Our strategies are based on sound science and a passion for nature. Our focus is on effecting change on issues of national significance, including bird and biodiversity conservation, wilderness protection, threatened species and connecting people to nature.
The Digital and Offline Development Officer delivers excellent donor communications and fundraising care to our members and supporters. The Officer oversees online marketing and fundraising activities, generating ideas and content and implementing the tools to achieve successful online fundraising campaigns (an increase in engaged donors and financial revenue). S/he will use best practices to maximize our brand, fundraising and education efforts. S/he will also be responsible for the implementation offline communications and fundraising and work to ensure online and offline efforts are integrated. The Officer works closely with the Director of Development to meet the organization’s annual and long term revenue goals.
Duration: 12 month contract
(with possibility of renewal)
Salary: to be negotiated
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Closing date: July 31, 2014
11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC−7)
Job Description and Duties:
E- Appeals and New Media:
- Develop, implement and manage online marketing and fundraising campaigns, working with service providers to ensure optimal performance of all digital marketing campaigns;
- Write and edit content for emails, website, blogs, e-newsletter and social media platforms with the dual goals of ‘bringing visitors back’ to the website on a regular basis and to support the acquisition and growth of fund revenue;
- Create and maintain an integrated email/website/social media schedule and calendar;
- Analyze email and web metrics to make continual advances
- Ensure our visual identity, brand and web development standards are adhered to in all online marketing and fundraising initiatives;
- Stay informed on digital marketing and social media fundraising innovations and best practices;
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CASL, PIPEDA etc.
- Coordinate and track web site activity especially in the areas of fundraising;
- Provide graphic design and oversee online activities, including campaigns, advertising, banners, and events;
- Research and keep up-to-date on industry fundraising trends.
- Manage and moderate fundraising content on social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest;
- Provide recommendations from online and social media marketing campaigns using web-analytics tools;
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of all new media marketing activity;
- Create new media content (video, text, audio, contests);
- Edit and write online copy, including engaging headlines and compelling content.
Other Fundraising Duties:
- Contribute to print production projects ie. direct mail and the print newsletter, when needed;
- Adapt existing direct marketing and other materials for online outreach
- Produce digital campaign analysis and monthly fundraising reports upon request.
- Participate as support at donor/outreach events when appropriate.
- Assist on other initiatives /carry out other tasks as required.
- The Donor Care and Donorbase Officer reports to the Director of Development. (The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director.)
Summary of Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (university or college) in communications, marketing/fundraising is an asset.
- A minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in fundraising development and implementation of online fundraising and/or marketing campaigns.
- Experience of running online acquisition campaigns through banner advertising, and knowledge of search engine marketing.
- Experience in online data collection, reporting and analytics.
- Experience in online content management (web and blogs).
- Experience in the active management of social networks.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications with a passionto continue learning emerging technology,
- Superior ability to write clear, impactful and persuasive copy,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and drive for results in order to generate ROI from social media,
- Self-starter, team player and works well with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in English and French proficiency is deemed an asset
Competition closes July 31, 2014
11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (UTC−7)
Please do not submit duplicate applications
Or apply by mail:
For applicants wishing to apply via traditional mail in lieu of an online application, please mail your CV and covering letter to:
Hiring Committee, Nature Canada,
75 Albert Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5E7