This page has been archived.
The content here may be out of date and may no longer be relevant to what you were searching for. Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving.
The 2013 Annual General Meeting of Nature Canada was held on September 28, 2013 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Nature Canada Board of Directors
The following individuals were elected as returning or new directors to the Board.
- Richard Yank
- Joan Czapalay
- Jon Snipper
- Ken Thorpe
- Cliff Wallis
- Bob Peart
- Diane Griffin
- Mark Dorfman
Nature Canada Awards
Nature Canada is proud to celebrate the achievements of the following recipients of the Nature Canada Awards
- Ottawa Field-Naturalists Club, recipient of the Conservation Partner Award
- Chris Tollefson, recipient of the Conservation Partner Award
- Carlos Barbery, recipient of the Charles Labatiuk Volunteer Award
Nature Canada Resolutions
The following resolutions were adopted at the 2013 AGM.
Continuing Nature Canada / Canada Nature under the provisions of the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and authorizing the directors to apply for a Certificate of Continuance.
AS Nature Canada / Canada Nature was incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act by Letters Patent dated the 7th day of February, 1961;
AS those Letters Patent were amended by Supplementary Letters Patent dated September 10, 1971, February 27. 1987, May 31, 2011;
AS it is considered to be in the best interests of Nature Canada / Canada Nature that it be continues under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act) pursuant to section 297 of the NFP Act;
THEREFORE THE MEMBERS OF NATURE CANADA RESOLVE THAT:
- The directors of Nature Canada / Canada Nature are authorized and directed to make an application under section 297 of the NFP Act to the Director appointed under the NFP Act for a Certificate of Continuance of Nature Canada / Canada Nature;
- The Articles of Continuance (transition) of Nature Canada / Canada Nature , which have been submitted to this meeting and are annexed to these minutes as Schedule A, are approved;
- The general operating by-law of Nature Canada / Canada Nature (as amended) is repealed effective on the date that Nature Canada / Canada Nature continues under the NFP Act and the new general operating by-law No. 1 which has been submitted to this meeting and is annexed to these minutes as Schedule B is approved and will be effective on the same date;
- Any one of the officers and directors of Nature Canada / Canada Nature is authorized to take all such actions and execute and deliver all such documentation, including the annexed Articles of Continuance (transition), the notice of registered office and of directors in the forms fixed by the Director, which are necessary or desirable for the implementation of this resolution.
The undersigned, being the duly appointed Secretary of Nature Canada /Canada Nature, certifies that the above is a true and correct copy of a special resolution of Nature Canada / Canada Nature, passed at a meeting of members held on the 13th day of September, 2013, by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the votes cast by the members of Nature Canada / Canada Nature who voted in respect of the resolution, and that the resolution is in full force and effect, unamended as of the date below.