Get your cameras ready… Nature Canada is happy to announce the launch of its 2015 Photo Contest!
Last year’s 75th Anniversary Photo Contest was a huge hit. We received over 3,000 entries and the top photos were featured in our 75th Anniversary Calendar as well as at the Canadian Museum of Nature!
Starting May 19th and running until August 14th, we will be accepting photo entries which capture the beauty of Canadian nature all around us. Special prizes from our generous supporters are available for the winners who will be announced.
Our top prize, generously donated by Copper Cayuse Outfitters, is a trip for two on their Historic Li-lik-hel Mine Expedition. According to their website, you will get to ride on trails that were originally cut by the miners and have been pounded in by years of horses transporting the gold ore to the rail-head in the early 1900’s. You’ll spend three days and two nights in BC’s spectacular Coast Mountain Range, exploring the beautiful mountain range between Birkenhead Lake and the Li-lik-hel mine. Recently, this expedition has been officially designated as a Canadian Signature Experience!
In case you were looking for inspiration, we’ve created a variety of categories into which you can submit your photo(s)!
- Canadian Landscape
- People in Nature
- Nature in Action
- Fauna & Flora
- Nature Nearby
- Favorite Memory in Nature
There will be Early Bird draws, so get your submissions in early! See our rules and regulations for more information. Congratulations to Cyndy Johnson, winner of the first Early Bird draw of the 2015 contest!
It is our hope that by spending time in nature you will experience and learn about the natural beauty our country has to offer. So get up, get outside, and enjoy the great outdoors!
How to Submit
Make sure to always include the category into which you would like to submit your photo! We would also love to hear the story behind the shot!
Make sure to always identify yourself as either an Amateur, Professional, or Youth photographer.
Make sure to include #NaturePhotoContest when using social media. Twitter submissions should also include @naturecanada in order for entries to be accepted.
Submissions are accepted by mail. The post address is as follows: 75 Albert Street, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON Canada K1P 5E7
You can also use the form below to submit.
Please consult our rules and regulations page for full details.
Submit your photos here
- No submissions will be accepted until May 19th, 2015. No submissions will be accepted after August 14th, 2015.
- Submissions made on social media must include #NaturePhotoContest in order to be eligible.
- A selection of the top photographs will be presented on our webpage for public voting.
- There is no limit as to the number of submissions by a single entrant.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- For full contest rules and regulations please visit them here
Thank you to our supporters!